Hone that creative spirit of yours!
Designing is the best way to professionalize creativity. If you are a person who loves creating unique styles for clothes, furniture, or even designing homes, looking out for a career in designing is the best option to direct this creativity in a professional world. The best way to do that would be to enter a professional course in design. These courses are organized in ways so that you can garner your creativity into actual physical creations. These courses also help in boosting your confidence for presentations and prepare you for the world of capitalism. If designing courses interest you, we have a list of colleges you can go with to kick-start your career.
1. NIFT: The National Institute of Fashion Technology is the top most institute for designing in the country. It has 17 campuses all over the country. It was set up in 1986 in collaboration with the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. The campus in New Delhi ranks first among other campuses of the institute. They offer different designing courses at Undergraduate, Post-graduate, and Doctoral level. Various innovative researches are organized at the institute under prominent Indian and International designers.
2. NID: The National Institute of Design is another prominent design school in the country. It has campuses in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Bangalore besides five other locations. The institute was first established in 1961 under the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Government of India. It was recognized as an Institute of National Importance in 2014. Designer Dashrath Patel, who was awarded a Padma Shri in 1981, was its founder secretary. The institute is preferred all over India for its eminent course structures and guidance to students.
3. IIT Mumbai: The Industrial Designing Center at IIT Mumbai is another big name among Designing Colleges in India. It has been set up for more than half a century and carries that experience with pride. It offers graduation and post-graduation courses in Designing and helps you bloom in a professional setup.
4. Indian Institute of Art and Design: IIAD in New Delhi was established in 2014 in collaboration with Kingston University, London. Designing Professionals from all over the world have a tie-up with this Institute to guide the students for a global designing career. It offers courses for fashion, interior, and graphic designing for graduation and post-graduation courses.
5. Pearl Academy: Pearl Academy is a fashion giant in our country. It has campuses set up in New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Jaipur. The institute is highly recommended if one can afford a private college for a designing career. The institute also opens the door for a global career in designing, marketing, merchandising, and much more.
These are a few top-ranking institutes for designing in India. There are various others as well. However, it is not always easy to get into these colleges due to high competition and affordability. The International Institute of Fashion Academy is also a great option if you are interested in designing. It is also counted among the best design colleges in India. The institute offers many innovative courses and professional diplomas to prepare you for the competitive world of design and luxury. It also makes these courses affordable by offering you various convenient ways to pay the fees. Check out their website now to know more!